Senior SQL Developer
- 35,000 - 45,000
- Closing date31/05/2018
Bench Talent are currently on the lookout for a Senior SQL Developer. The Senior SQL Developer role is required to design, build, deploy and support the marketing solutions Edit creates for its clients. This will involve working with proprietary data management technology that is built upon SQL Server RDBMS; developing ETL routines to on-board client data and building data presentation layers to ensure that data is made available to other technologies in the marketing ecosystem.
Previous experience of SQL Server 2014 is essential and a knowledge of SQL Server 2016 would be a huge advantage.
Based in Edit’s brand new shiny offices, a stone’s throw Bath Spa Station you will be in the heart of the city and be surrounded by a vibrant team. This is a fantastic time to join the business, with all of the recent positive changes, the culture & vibe of the company is full of energy as well as determination to be as successful as possible.
Bench Talent are proud to be an exclusive recruitment partner of Edit, a new breed of agency that has recently been created by the merge of Occam DM Ltd, Amaze One Ltd and Response One Ltd.
Part of the St Ives Group Bench and Edit work closely on many projects so it made sense to utilise the recruitment services we offer to enable a streamlined, professional and successful hiring strategy.
- Working alongside Business Analysts to understand client data sources and develop efficient data integration and ETL routines for on-board data into our data management technology.
- Liaising with Technical Consultants to understand the specific data requirements of the 3rd party technologies they represent and then building the most appropriate data models and presentation layers.
- Working with the Test teams to minimise defects and taking a proactive approach to validating the quality of work.
- Documenting design approaches, technical specifications, deployment plans and working within coding standards.
- Working with Database Administrators to optimise the performance of the data management solutions our client build and providing 3rd Line support of live solutions.
- Sharing knowledge of systems and technologies with peers and mentoring others with regards to data management tools and techniques.
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Integration Services experience including database design, build, deployment and optimisation
- Microsoft Visual Studio and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT).
- Experience using source control software, such as TFS and in working with automated deployments and configuration management.
- Exposure to full project and/or product lifecycle in PRINCE2 or SCRUM based delivery models.
- Good communication skills with the ability to articulate and convey technical concepts to a mixed audience
- Familiarity with Microsoft .NET programming languages (C#, VB.NET etc.).
- Knowledge of XML, JSON, Python and R languages
- Experience with real-time data integration and Application Programming Interfaces.
- Experience with data modelling techniques and technologies.
- Exposure to “Big Data” technologies: Hadoop, Kafka, Spark and others.
- Data migration experience.
Talent Accounts ManagerApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)