Senior Data Scientist
- 65,000 - 75,000
- Closing date11/06/2018
Senior Data Scientist
Bench Talent is proud to be working with a Central London based global industry leader. Using Analytics, Data Science and Big Data, they are delivering insights and solutions from utilities and energy data and help their customers improve energy efficiency and customer satisfaction. Riding on the back of multiple major business wins, and with a roadmap heavily incorporating an emphasis on Data Science, they are now looking to boost their team with the hire of a Senior Data Scientist.
Whilst working alongside the Engineering and Product teams, the Senior Data Scientist will add immense value to a team of Data Science experts already making leaps and bounds to disrupt the industry.
This is the perfect opportunity for a particularly driven and adaptive individual who is looking for something early-stage and disruptive, and who is confident working on individual varied projects with a like-minded team all pushing in the same direction.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Contributing to the development and innovation of data science products.
- Improving the existing energy disaggregation algorithms.
- Analysing energy consumption data gathered through sensors to find interesting patterns and behaviours.
- Supporting the product build process, working closely with the Product and Engineering teams to deploy new algorithms in the production platform.
- Working with the Customer Success and Product teams to deliver customer projects.
- Sharing knowledge, ideas and opinions on the latest technologies and research.
The most successful applicant will have:
- Msc in a Science, Maths, Technology or Engineering subject
- At least 5 years of highly relevant work experience in industry (ideally in IoT and/or energy domains)
- Proficiency in Python and querying languages (e.g. SQL).
- Solid knowledge of probabilistic reasoning techniques, Bayesian methods and inference algorithms
- Experience of Deep Neural Network development
- Proven experience of using statistical techniques to solve regression, clustering, classification and time series forecasting problems.
- Ideally experience of using Tensorflow, Keras or Theano as well as knowledge of other data tools (e.g. MATLAB, R, C++, Scala, Cassandra)
- Excellent Communication skills
Talent Acquisition ConsultantApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)