Senior Data Scientist
- 65,000 - 85,000
- Closing date08/03/2019
Bench are proudly working with one of the UK’s most innovative Marking Companies, and we are on a mission to support their search for a Senior Data Scientist to work with their London team. With over 1 million users across their web and mobile products across 150 countries worldwide. They are now looking for a talented and innovative Senior Data Scientist with strong NLP experience to work in a small team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers and support the direction of the Data team.
This will be an excellent opportunity for an ambitious and creative Senior Data Scientist looking to apply advanced Machine Learning techniques to large amounts of data and apply their experience in building a real-time platform for market data insight.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Leading and mentoring a small team of Data Scientists and Data Engineers working on data platforms to deliver innovative data products
- Inter-departmental Engineering and Product consultation to deliver highly innovative user-driven data products with the greatest possible impact
- Providing feedback and input into product and technical designs across the organization, including setting strategic business requirements
- Actively promoting a data-focussed culture becoming a more integral part of the organisation
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Educated to a degree level in a STEM subject (computer science, engineering, mathematics, statistics, physics, etc.)
- 3+ years’ experience in a relevant Data Science position
- Solid previous experience with Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- Solid previous experience with deploying Data Products in a previous role
- Solid Experience with Python (including libraries such as Numpy, scikit-learn and pandas)
- Creating and testing machine learning models
As well as ideally:
- Exposure to other programming languages
- Data Scientist Evangelist status: writing blogs, contributing to data science community
If you feel your profile is a good fit, or for more information, please apply.
Director of TalentApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)