Platform Engineer - Fintech
- 50,000 - 70,000
- Closing date25/05/2018
Platform Engineer - London
Our client, a successful growing mobile wallet are looking to hire a Backend Engineer / Platform Engineer.
Our client have built a platform that has created global opportunity, it powers seamless payment and loyalty experiences for its end users.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, this could be the role for you! Our client were recently chosen as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally.
Their product comprises of iOS and Android apps that talk to a suite of APIs powered by the platform. They use a service-oriented architecture to support high volume transactions in real-time that deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
- Help design next-generation systems
- Write Python code which is reusable, testable and efficient
- Work with other developers and product managers to plan and estimate the team’s work
- Mentor junior developers
- Must have experience working with Python in an academic or professional setting
- Experience with technologies and processes such as : Django, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, RabbitMQ, Nginx, Celery, Puppet, Fabric, Docker, AWS, Kanban, TDD, GoCD, etc)
- Experience building products using continuous integration/deployment to enable engineers to deploy code and configuration from local environments through to production
- Experience building and maintaining APIs via RESTful web services
- A track-record of creating and maintaining automated tests to build high-quality software (unit, acceptance and UI tests)
- Positive entrepreneurial outlook with the ability to be flexible in changing environments
- Exhibit passion for programming and software engineering by either blogging or attending coding conferences or meet-ups (big plus if you've contributed to open-source software)
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
The truth is working as part of an early stages company is challenging, there is no denying that!.. It’s not all ping pong tables and free bee…Well sometimes it is! But what they truly believe is that if you're willing to put effort into a growing company that itself will determine not only their success, but yours.
If you're ready for this challenge then what they can promise is as follows:
- A competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- Monthly credit to your account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you're able to take ownership of
- You'd be able to "Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow"
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!
Talent Accounts ManagerApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)