Junior Data Analyst
- Central London
- 28,000 - 35,000
- Closing date25/05/2018
If you're looking to carve out a successful career in Data Science and Analytics, this role offers world-class training opportunities and a clear structured path for career progression. Our client is one of the largest, most successful and most recognised Professional Services businesses, a "Big Four" organisation, with offices worldwide.
They are looking to support the continued success in their Data Analytics team with the addition of a number of Junior Data Analysts, significantly expanding the size of the team which uses state-of-the-art technologies, mainly SQL and Python to support clients with fraud detection, investigation and compliance management.
You will have the opportunity to work with some of the firm's biggest clients and gain exceptional hands-on experience with a variety of new technologies.
- Data extraction, transformation, loading (ETL), analysis, visualisation, deployment and client delivery
- Handle a large amount of structured and unstructured data from a variety of data sources
- Execute reactive and proactive data analysis of large datasets using a wide range of technologies, database management systems, Business Information reporting and visualisation software
- Work closely with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and authorities
- Detection, prevention, continued monitoring and investigation of occupational fraud, waste and financial crime
- Develop supporting material using a suite of visualisation software to clearly present the benefits of the analysis to clients
- Strong academic qualifications with a degree in a STEM discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent work experience
- Strong experience and knowledge of SQL
- Able to work independently
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving ability, understanding of algorithms and appreciation of data
- Excellent communication skills and be able to explain complex analytical concepts to clients from different backgrounds
- Previous consulting/client facing experience
- Experience with:
- Databases, e.g. SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MySQL;
- Spotfire, Tableau, or Qlik;
- Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Spark;
- Machine learning
- Azure cloud computing platform;
- Domain knowledge of accounting, fraud, bribery and corruption
Talent ResourcerApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)