- 55,000 - 65,000
- Closing date11/06/2018
Bench Talent are proudly working with a Central London based industry global leader.
Using Analytics, Data Science and Big Data, they are delivering insights and solutions from utilities and energy data to help their customers improve energy efficiency and customer satisfaction. Riding on the back of multiple major business wins, and with a roadmap heavily incorporating an emphasis on the use of Data, they are now looking to boost their team with the hire of a Data Engineer.
The Data Engineer will work with the Data Science and Product teams to add value to a team of experts already making leaps and bounds to disrupt the industry. This is the perfect opportunity for a focused and ambitious Data Engineer who is looking for something early-stage and disruptive, to work on varied projects with a like-minded team all pushing in the same direction.
Your Key Responsibilities will be:
- Taking full ownership of the data warehouse (Amazon Redshift). Developing and enhancing ETL processes and running data builds. Identifying and resolving data quality issues. Optimising database structure and performance.
- Working with the team to understand the algorithms and their associated codes. Improving the performance and structure of the code.
- Acting as the main point of contact for anything related to data within Data Science team.
- Proactively identifying new sources of information to improve the algorithms, collecting new data and bringing it into the data warehouse for R&D purpose.
- Developing prototype solutions based algorithms developed by Data Scientists, working closely with teams to deploy new algorithms in the production platform.
- Providing support in customer trials by running models on customer data and performing simple data analysis and visualisation.
The most successful applicant will have:
- A BSc or MSc in a STEM subject with significant computer programming element
- 5+ years of highly relevant data related work experience
- Solid experience in creating automated data build processes and ETL tasks using Python
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational databases such as MySQL, SQL Server, PostGres, Teradata, Hive and Oracle, as well as a good knowledge of Spark and Kafka frameworks and Shell Scripting
- Ideally strong experience with statistical packages/languages
Talent Acquisition ConsultantApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)