- 50,000 - 70,000
- Closing date25/05/2018
Data Engineer – Python / Django
Our client, a successful growing mobile wallet are looking to hire a Data Engineer.
Our client have built a platform that has created global opportunity, it powers seamless payment and loyalty experiences for its end users.
If you are looking to join a fun, fast growing FinTech firm, this could be the role for you! Our client were recently chosen as one of 50 FinTechs to watch globally.
Their product comprises of iOS and Android apps that talk to a suite of APIs powered by the platform. They use a service-oriented architecture to support high volume transactions in real-time that deliver sub-one-second response times at the point-of-sale.
Their technology stack includes (but is not limited to):
- Django and Python framework to write their application logic
- PostgreSQL for relational database
- DynamoDB for NoSQL
- Terraform for managing their cloud infrastructure
- RabbitMQ and Celery for message queue
- Docker and AWS EC2 Container Service (ECS) for packaging and running their services
- AWS for hosting infrastructure
- CircleCI and ChatOps for continuous deployment
- Ansible and Fabric for automating workflows
- React for the retailer BI dashboard
- Implementing ETL process as well as real-time data processing
- Evaluating and integrating Big Data frameworks and tools
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary optimisations and infrastructure changes
- Create tools and processes to improve their data-driven culture
- Experience with ETL frameworks such as Luigi
- Experience building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Amazon Kinesis Data Streams
- Good scripting and programming skills in Python
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture
- Experience with messaging systems, such as RabbitMQ or Kafka
- Experience with SQL and relational databases, such as PostgreSQL. It
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN:
The truth is working as part of an early stages company is challenging, there is no denying that!.. It’s not all ping pong tables and free beer! Well sometimes it is! What they truly believe is that if you're willing to put effort into a growing company that itself will determine not only their success but yours.
If you're ready for this challenge then what they can promise is as follows:
- A competitive Salary with health insurance and pension scheme
- All the equipment necessary to make sure you are able to do your role effectively
- Monthly credit to your account
- Work in a collaborative, flexible, open-minded and flat organisation
- Work on challenging real-world problems that you're able to take ownership of
- You'd be able to "Build something today and see it in people’s hands tomorrow"
- Great central London location and an AWESOME team!
Talent Accounts ManagerApply now
We take a different approach to recruitment. Instead of treating you like a commodity, we take the time to really work out what makes you tick.
David – Candidate (Head of Data)